This Statement is effective as of 25 May 2018.
- Which personal data do we collect?
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- information we collect from you directly;
- information that you have made publicly available, such as social media posts;
- information we collect about you from other publicly available sources;
- information we collect about you when you visit our current website.
Which personal data we collect, depends on your specific situation or request. For example, you may want to give us your name and contact information to communicate with you, to register for an event, or to do business with us if you are a supplier or a business partner. You may also want to share a description of your experience to be communicated in the framework of an event – physical or virtual. Collecting information in this manner allows us to personalize your experience and tailor our interactions with you.
- Why do we need your data?
We use the data we collect for five basic purposes, described in more detail below:
- to operate our business and provide, improve and personalize the services we offer,
- to send communications, including promotional communications;
- to statistical purposes;
- to marketing purposes;
- to develop services and customer support.
2.1. Providing and improving our services.
We use data to provide and improve the services we offer, to perform essential business operations, and to allow our users to grow their business. This means that your data is used to allow us to manage CEO CF events, to help attendees & members to present their business case and to find partners, to promote entrepreneurs, to develop new features, research and to provide member support.
This implies in more detail, and without being limitative, that we need your data, and where required disclose your data:
- to manage events with targeted participants to facilitate participants to meet, share information and develop relationships with partners of their interest. In order to offer better services, we organize an application and selection process and the information that users fill as well as information about their companies is shared only among selected event attendees under NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement);
- to provide matching to other members;
- to select and screen for event participation;
- to provide you with the benefits and services as a member;
- to manage our records;
- to manage your membership regarding our website or services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to verify your identity and to respond to any query you may raise with us, and to process your request and provide you with the best service possible;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our services;
- to notify you about changes to our services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- prevent or detect any misuse or fraud;
- for business operations.
We use data to develop analysis and business intelligence that enable us to operate, protect, make informed decisions, and report on the performance of our business. Some of our services may be co-branded, that is sponsored by both us and third parties. If you sign up for these offerings, be aware that your information may also be collected by and shared with those third parties. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with their privacy policies to gain an understanding of the manner in which they will handle information about you.
We use the data we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. The information you provide to us, as well as the information we have collected about you indirectly, may be used by us for marketing purposes. For example, we may contact you by email or other means to inform about news related to our services, how to use our services and products, upcoming events, security updates, invitations to participate in a survey, reminders or the need to take action to keep your account active and up to date.
You may at any time choose not to receive marketing materials from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each e-mail you may receive, by indicating so when we call you, or by contacting us directly. We also enable communications between you and others through our services, including invitations for meetings and messages.
- 3. Statistical purposes
We use your data for statistical purposes. For example, we may use data to generate statistics about number of members, event participants, geographical breakdown, expertise and other and its demographic distribution. We may use such statistics for marketing purposes.
- 4. Online advertising
We do not deliver third party online advertisements on our website but we advertise our products and services on others’ websites. Please familiarize yourself with those websites operators’ or network advertisers’ privacy statements to understand their practices relating to advertising, including what type of information they may collect about your internet usage.
- 5. Developing services and customer support
We use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and development for the further development of our services in order to provide you and others with a better experience, drive membership growth and engagement on our services, and help connect users to each other and to grow their business. We use the data (which can include your communications) needed to investigate, respond to and resolve complaints and service issues (bugs, etc.).
- What are the reasons and legal basis for our processing?
Processing personal data must of course be done for legitimate reasons only.
We use and share your personal data with your consent given by signing the membership agreement or the NDA while participating in one of our events. Whenever the processing is based on your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent. If you want to do so, please contact our DPO, Tony Wood at email@example.com
We use your data as necessary to complete any transaction you have requested or authorized. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services via secured transfer protocols and for fraud prevention.
In addition, we share personal data with our partners in case of co-branding partnerships such as co-branded events and services.
We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we have hired to assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose.
We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
Finally, we will access, transfer, disclose, and retain personal data, including your content when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our members, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our website, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our platform, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks.
Please note that some of our products include links to products of third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide personal data to any of those products, your data is governed by their privacy statements. Please familiarize yourself with their privacy statements to understand their practices.
- Where do we process and store your data?
Personal data collected by us will be stored and processed only by GDPR compliant companies or under the EU-US Privacy shield.
- How long do we keep your data?
We will retain your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the requested services. If you wish to request the de-activation of your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will retain and use your data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- How do we secure your data?
We intend to protect your personal data and to maintain its accuracy. We implement reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
- What are your rights?
We adhere to the European and National data protection law applicable in France, which includes the following rights:
- if the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- you have a right to request from us access to and rectification of your personal data.
In certain cases, you may have the ability to view or edit your personal information online. Before we are able to correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request:
- you have a right to object to the processing of your personal data, including the right to object to direct marketing;
- you have a right to restrict processing;
- you have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority;
- you have a right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable you to request the deletion or removal of personal data whether there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
- Any questions or complaints?